|Vendor Base Development
Capital Equipment Manufacturer
|Redeveloping Vendor Base
|Doubling and redoubling of requirement anticipated in four month window in aggressively volatile market.
- Led specific supplier capability assessment, audit and development programmes across 18 suppliers with approximate spend of £35m, using 5P operational criteria and evaluation of financial stability.
- Utilised specialists in each area to review detaileds Vendor submissions, including:
- Equipment & plant capacity plans.
- Value stream mapping.
- Maintenance schedules & spares availability.
- Repair contracts.
- People issues including Key Personnel identification, impact and mitigation planning, recruitment & training.
- Defect mitigation process for OJT.
- Vendor audits.
- Worked with MD’s and Senior Management teams of Vendors to implement programmes to rectify non-conformances.
|Outsourced manufacturing capability required.
- Introduced 5 new Vendors to provide high precision capacity including clean-room assembly.
- Implemented outsourced modular assembly of six core modules.
|Packaging Waste Directive Compliancy Project
|Regulatory changes to be incorporated into operation.
- Managed project to ensure compliance with newly adopted EU Packaging Waste Directive.
- Liaison with the DTI.
- Identified lowest cost compliance.
- Avoided financial penalty for overdue registration and compliance